Valid Government Issued Photo Identification

Vital Records


A valid government issued photo identification (ID) includes a driver’s license, a state issued photo ID or a passport. If your driver’s license has an extension sticker on the back, submit copy of both sides. If expiration is no more than six months old, ONE additional document showing your name and your current address will be needed.

If the expiration date is more than six month old or you do not have a valid photo ID, you will need TWO pieces of documentation with your name, one of which must show your current address, to prove your identity. ONE piece of documentation can be a bill (electricity, cellular phone, water) or other mail. The OTHER piece of documentation must be one of the following items:

  • Medical/car insurance card
  • Car registration paperwork
  • Credit card statement
  • Bank statement
  • Paycheck stub with imprinted information
  • Public assistance card
  • Voter’s registration card
  • Active duty military ID with issued and expiration dates
  • EBT Link Card (Illinois Electronic Benefit Transfer)

Matrícula Consular card issued after October 2006 and not currently expired is acceptable on its own. However, if issued prior to October 2006, you will need to submit ONE additional documentation showing current address as noted above. If you do not have any of the items listed above, you will need to submit a copy of a current utility bill (electricity, cellular phone, water) showing your name and your current address.

If you are currently incarcerated, you can submit a dated copy of your prison intake/offender summary sheet containing your photo. If you have been released from prison within the last six months, a copy of the release papers along with the prison photo ID is acceptable.

© 2021 Macoupin County Clerk

201 E Main St, P.O. Box 107, Carlinville, IL 62626  P: (217) 854-3214

Powered By Revize Login